1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

R.I.P. stepfather

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Thomas Kievit, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Thomas Kievit

Thomas Kievit

Well.. today was a day I hope it wouldn't come for a long time, but unfortunatly it did.

This morning, around 7.30, my stepfather's heart stopped beating. He was sick for a long time already, he had diabetes in a very hard form, destroying his body from the inside out.

Last sunday, he also got a lung infection were he got medicines for, and according to what he told me, it worked for him.

My mom was sitting with him downstairs this morning and all of a suddenly he started to choke in his own saliva (sorry if this isn't a correct English word, I have to trust Google Translations :p ) and he passed out.

I was lying on my bed and my mother screamed that something happened. I hurried downstairs, and I saw my mom lean over my stepfather and she was shaking him, trying to wake him up.

I runned to my neibourghs house, who happens to be a nurse and she already started with heart massage before the ambulances arrived.

They gave him heart massage for about 1 - 1,5 hours, but it didn't work out for him.

He passed away at the age of 52.

I'm really really sorry for my mother, who also lost her first husband, my father, in 2002 as well due to a heart attack.

Things ain't what they should be, but that's live, ain't it?

I'm not so often on TB now and the days to come, so I will talk to you in the future :)

Cheers for now and keep up the groove!!

Thomas
  2. Unprofessional

Unprofessional Supporting Member

Take the time to grieve, Thomas. I'm sorry for your loss.
  3. pflash4001

pflash4001

My heart goes out to you and your family. I lost my mom unexpectedly in January. Her loss has left a huge void in my life. May you all find peace in God's grace.
  4. edpal

edpal I am he as you are he..and we are all together Gold Supporting Member

So sorry man. The fact that you decided to share this shows this man's passing impacted you too. Comfort your mom, it will comfort you in return.
  5. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

I'm very sorry for your loss, Thomas. Take care.
  6. JFOC

JFOC

Yikes that's still young...condolences to you & yours