1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

R.W. Jameson Acoustic Bass (Jack replacement)

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by peekypoo, Nov 16, 2012.

1. peekypoo

peekypoo

I didn't pay much for it at the time , ($ 200.00 Looked like a bass Johnny Cash would play). I think she needs a new jack, " It's cheap looking, and functions when it wants to.

Is there a link for a place to buy a new jack ?

Peace,[​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
  2. peekypoo

peekypoo

3. grisezd

grisezd Supporting Member

If your jack has more than two prongs that touch the plug it's a stereo jack. Likewise if there are more than two places to solder wires to it's a stereo jack.

That looks like a stereo jack to me, and it should be. An endpin jack like that should be easy to replace, but if you're unsure of your wiring skills you should get some help. A problem there will be maddening down the road.
  4. SGD Lutherie

SGD Lutherie Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner, SGD Music Products
    The jack will be stereo since it has to switch the battery on for the preamp.

One of the jacks in the link with the circular plate and three screws should work fine.
  5. peekypoo

peekypoo

Thank you David, once again you came to the rescue..:cool:
  6. peekypoo

peekypoo

Can't get this to work...:confused:

Red wire
    White wire
    Aluminum wire ???

The old jack had three connectors. The new jack has two connectors, and a metal crimp for the ground ???

The jack I'm trying to connect is the one in the link. ( Acoustic Jack.:help: