r/w strings on my BTB...that's how it comes

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by movielvr, Dec 7, 2013.

1. movielvr

movielvr

Sorry to chew old fat, but I'm unsure how to proceed. Ibanez ships the bass with Elixirs. Round-wounds . Am I to understand that this is tacit approval of their use on Ibanez fretless bases. And while I'm at it, they are VERY bright. I'm getting lots of string noise, ringing,and odd overtones. I do have some rotosound 55 solo bass compression strings. your advice please...
    ty, Kevin

p.s. I find it impossible to contact anyone with Ibanez, on the off chance that anyone knows how pls fill me in.

2. mrb327

mrb327 Supporting Member

I think I file this under, if you like em use em. I believe most manufacturers ship with what's cost effective. But by the time you get to BTB quality, I think they choose what they think makes the instrument sound best.

I recommend trying the Rotos because you have them. Not your cup of tea, put the Elixirs back until you find what you want.

current thread on fretless strings
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f16/different-strings-different-mwah-1032451/

3. movielvr

movielvr

thanks for your reply..my main question was regarding Ibanez use of r/w strings as standard...I would really like to know...btw I did install the rotos...major improvement, I'm sure it wont be the last time,lol.

4. grendle

grendle Supporting Member

I don't even play stock strings. I buy strings when I buy the bass, and it gets a clean, intonation check/adjust, and setup to my specs. You can't even remotely try to please everyone.

5. Register to disable this ad