1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Rackmount Power Conditioner

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by thunder_dan, Feb 7, 2014.

1. thunder_dan

thunder_dan

I need a rack mount power conditioner with the shallowest depth on the market. Any ideas??? Furman is preferred, (already got the M-8x2 on the radar), but any brand will do. So far 4" is the shallowest depth I've found..anyone know of any shorter ones?? Thanks!

2. derrico1

derrico1 Supporting Member

As long as you don't need front rack lights, the shallowest I know is a power strip velcroed to the inside of the rack. All the functionality of the standard Furman power "conditioners" at a fraction of the size and cost.

3. the explode man

the explode man

If you are going to buy a power conditioner, don't just buy any random one. You need to get one with a voltage meter, lights, a fuse, voltage stabilizer, isolating filters and amperage conversion. They run about $2,300 on the low end to $4,500 for a really decent one, and you'll totally notice a difference in your sound.