1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Rackmount Power Conditioner

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by thunder_dan, Feb 7, 2014.

1. thunder_dan

thunder_dan

I need a rack mount power conditioner with the shallowest depth on the market. Any ideas??? Furman is preferred, (already got the M-8x2 on the radar), but any brand will do. So far 4" is the shallowest depth I've found..anyone know of any shorter ones?? Thanks!
  2. derrico1

derrico1 Supporting Member

As long as you don't need front rack lights, the shallowest I know is a power strip velcroed to the inside of the rack. All the functionality of the standard Furman power "conditioners" at a fraction of the size and cost.
  3. the explode man

the explode man

If you are going to buy a power conditioner, don't just buy any random one. You need to get one with a voltage meter, lights, a fuse, voltage stabilizer, isolating filters and amperage conversion. They run about $2,300 on the low end to $4,500 for a really decent one, and you'll totally notice a difference in your sound.