Radial Bassbone

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by postelucci, Feb 3, 2014.

1. postelucci

postelucci

I'm considering buying a Radial Bassbone, and was looking for some feedback from anyone who owns one or has tried one :eyebrow:

2. iggy

iggy

They have a new one out as we speak/text. Looks good.

3. Bassist4Eris

Bassist4Eris Non Serviam Supporting Member

It does what it's supposed to do, has some powerful EQ, and is a fantastic-sounding DI.

The cons (or semi-cons):

The boost and FX loop are both on one footswitch, so you can't use them independently (although you can set that footswitch to one, the other, or both).

It seems that unity gain for the level control is fully clockwise, which means that one needs to set the level of one's hottest bass at full volume on the unit. This runs counter to the setup instructions in their manual, but you will lose a lot of signal if you do it their way.

It has unusual power requirements that will not be compatible with many pedalboard power supplies.

At $260, it's a bit pricey for what it does, but if you can find one used and don't mind the minor shortcomings noted above, it's a decent piece of gear. Mine's not going anywhere real soon.

4. metaball

metaball

i recently replaced my Sansamp BDDI Prog with Radial Bassbone & am very happy with the change. much cleaner sound. nice eq & boost options as well.

5. Register to disable this ad