1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

ramp?

Discussion in 'Ask Janek Gwizdala' started by Chace90, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Chace90

Chace90 Supporting Member

Hi Janek,

Been a big fan for a long time. Thanks for all you do.

I've noticed you stopped using a ramp on your instruments in the last year or so. If you don't mind my asking, what prompted the decision to stop using them?

Thanks! :)
  2. janekbass

janekbass Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Founder and CEO of http://videobasslessons.tv
    Thanks for your kind words.

I changed the pickups in my fodera last year, and in order for the guys at Aguilar to fit the new pickups they had to take the ramp out. They handed me the bass and it took at least five minutes of playing before I noticed the ramp was gone. So I just decided I didn't need it anymore, and have been really happy with the choice. With a change in strap length and a lack of ramp, I'm gaining more strength in my right hand and am able to produce a bigger sound.

Janek
  3. Chace90

Chace90 Supporting Member

did you end up making your strap shorter or longer?