1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Randy Jackson

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by og61pbass, Dec 15, 2013.

1. og61pbass

og61pbass

***???? Randy Jackson selling guitars on QVC I thought he was a Bass Player...:what:

2. RxFunk

RxFunk

I saw this as well, and said the same thing, there might be a bass in there, but I doubt it.

3. og61pbass

og61pbass

It was his signature electric and acoustic guitar... I guess he's a multi talented kind a guy...

4. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Supporting Member

Randy Jackson is a monster player, but he is also a master of making money.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. milkman-27

milkman-27

He's got to do something since American Idol will probably bite the dust soon enough.

7. bassbully

bassbully Endorsed by The PHALEX CORN BASS..mmm...corn!

Does he have to be loyal to the bass players of world? No ..he plays guitar and maybe other instruments like myself and others here do...no biggie.

8. wild4oldcars

wild4oldcars

I saw a randy Jackson signature acoustic in my local Goodwill. They wanted 300 for it, and I thought, "jeez they probably don't cost that much on QVC" Looked at the sticker, said "precision handcrafted in China" or something like that, and I literally laughed out loud in front of the cashier.

9. og61pbass

og61pbass

Who said anything about loyalty ,I just stated it was weird...

10. bassbully

bassbully Endorsed by The PHALEX CORN BASS..mmm...corn!

Oh ok...sorry. Some here think if you are a bass player you cant touch another instrument like "gasp"... say ...a guitar :rolleyes:

11. og61pbass

og61pbass

I started on guitar, then drums then Bass,never went back...

12. Red_Label

Red_Label

Last spring I bought four Cordoba flamenco guitars. Two were made in Spain, two in China. One of the Chinese ones ($1,400 GK Pro) was by far my favorite. It beat out a $2K handmade Spanish FWCE Reissue. Great instruments are coming from all of Asia now.

13. Bruce Gertz

Bruce Gertz Bruce Gertz

I know plenty of cats who started on guitar before playing bass. Myself included.

14. dabbler

dabbler Supporting Member

I saw that too, which is a huge coincidence, because I don't watch QVC. But I interpreted the OP, not as saying that bassists can't play other instruments, but as saying, if you are going to buy a GUITAR associated with a famous musician, wouldn't you expect that musician to be KNOWN as a GUITARIST? Nothing against Randy making money but I wouldn't expect that too be anything special, any more than a John Mayer bass. And I wouldn't buy either... unless a LOT of forumites bought them and said they were great buys.

15. spade2you

spade2you

Hopefully the guitars are better than an Esteban. Total ripoff since they tend to cave in within a year.

16. cnltb

cnltb

His bass playing days are long since over.
    No?
    Now he does anything that pays from what I read.

17. ack

ack Supporting Member

The Peavey RJ-IV (Randy Jackson) was a quality instrument that just didn't sell well to the masses - that's basically the story of US Peavey basses.
    Regardless, he's a real good bass player, but I guess he's gotta pay the bills somehow.
    Ironic that I was selling my RJ-IV in the TB Classiifeds up until about a hour ago.

18. Jhengsman

Jhengsman

Adam Levine is all over Target and the other retailers with a First Act guitars, PAs and drums, Keith Urban and Randy Jackson have joined the Esteban and Ralph Johnson's with a bigger name.

First Act is almost there, I wonder when a full pop band set up will turn up on an infomercial?

19. DirtPoorRobins

DirtPoorRobins Supporting Member

Yeah, I thought that was weird too when I saw it on tv. I thought, who would buy this junk? Then I thought, Randy Jackson is set for life, why does he need to play the QVC circuit???? I guess he's done being a credible musician (I doubt U2 is calling up Esteban to overdub acoustic parts for their next album)