1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

RARE TBC STINGRAY TRIBUTE BASS W/HSC AWESOME!!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bassman28, Feb 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bassman28

bassman28 Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    134   0   0

SOLD!!!!!!This bass was definately a sleeper but will wake up anyone who plays it.This is from research and it did have the headstock logo which is removed for my Stingray logo(No it's not a MM).The build quality far surpasses the price that were put on these basses.This was one of the early rare The Bass Company models (not sure if it is US)which I've only been able to track down two.This bass blew me away and I was drawn to it because of my love for Rays.I have had a full setup on this bass and the neck is almost identical to a classic Ray feel.Thin profile neck,massive bridge with string thru the back ferrules for awesome sustain,frets are perfect,absolutely beautiful rosewood fretboard with Abalone fret dots,perfect balance,plays effortless and with the MM style pickup and 2 band active preamp this thing comes as close to a Ray tone as I've heard.The neck (No dead spots)is as good as anything I've played and is dead straight with super low action and no fret buzz.There are only a couple of very minor nicks on this.I can't stress enough since the setup this thing is a beast and lots of headroom for adjustments to your taste.I give you my word that this bass will surprise you.$275 OBO with a brand new Stagg hardshell case($100 value). West coast add $10. TRADES WELCOME
  2. bassman28

Rating - 100%
    134   0   0

Pics

Attached Files:

3. bassman28

Rating - 100%
    134   0   0

More

Attached Files:

4. bassman28

Rating - 100%
    134   0   0

2 more pics with I was bored headstock decal.

Attached Files:

5. bassman28

Rating - 100%
    134   0   0

Straight neck and low action

Attached Files:

6. bassman28

Rating - 100%
    134   0   0

7. Matt285