RB Raises Left Hand....a Dano Question Please!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by R Briere, Dec 10, 2013.

1. R Briere

R Briere Bass-ically Yours Supporting Member

Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening to All.......

Despite a long Career in the Music Industry there's one Company that I've paid absolutely no attention to at all......until Recently. That Company is Danelectro.

When first I saw them re-enter the market a dozen or more years ago I picked up a couple of Chinese basses and played them....Yukko. I wasn't Impressed.

Fast Forward to this Year. I read a Review that said:

"You Folks aren't Going to Believe this but I just played a Danelectro Longhorn from KOREA and it was Amazing".

My Curiosity was Sparked and I began to check other reviews...and they all said the same thing. I reached for my Wallet and decided to buy one that day. I was, however, in for a Rude Awakening....as NOBODY had any. WHAT!!???

I Called the Number listed on the Dano Site and was met with absolutely NO Help whatsoever. While the woman was polite she couldn't even tell me the name of their distributor or give me the name of a single dealer who received said bass in the past few years. I think it was her putting me on Hold while she answered questions about the "Secret Filling in Hostess Twinkies" that sent me over the edge.

So, my Question:

Can anyone here tell me with absolute certainty about the past 10 or 12 years concerning the History and Timeline of Danelectro???

PS: I found one of the Korean Longhorns, bought it, and there's NO/ZERO Comparison between the two versions. I want a Case....I want an Embroidered Danelectro Jacket with
    Matching Socks and Rubber Suspenders!!! I Want a BackStage Pass with a Dano Lanyard!!!!

K.....Who can Fill me in?

Attached Files: