1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

RBI causes SVT CL to shut down??

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Zigmundfloyd, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Zigmundfloyd

Zigmundfloyd

Greetings,

I've used a Sansamp RBI into the front of an Ampeg SVT CL for a very long time without problems. I like the RBI sound better than the CL gain /master sound, but I don't like having one preamp going into another, for me simple is better, having too many eq points is not my cup of tea...

So I tried the RBI into the power amp in on the classic, bypassing the CL preamp entirely, sounded very good, but about 2 hours into practice the CL went into protect mode and shut down. The amp didn't seem overly hot to me, or no hotter than usual, so I'm not sure if it overheated, but it restarted after about 20 min..

It is worth noting the master volume on the Cl does not have any effect on the power section. Also I'm using a passive bass, no effects, and 810e.

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance.........
  2. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member

i can't see how anything other than the overall volume level (however you arrive at it) could cause issues.

it may be something completely unrelated.
  3. Zigmundfloyd

Zigmundfloyd

Bump for the night crew
  4. JOE EDO

JOE EDO Supporting Member

I had a Heritage SVT do the same thing to me...once and only once. Try again and this time note the settings on the RBI and the SVT (Master Volume) before practice. If it shuts down again you could be looking at a weak power tube causing the amp to go into default (for starters). Let us know how it goes...