1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Rbx and neo 410

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by robertebooker, Dec 9, 2013.

1. robertebooker

robertebooker

I just picked up the rbx 410 to pair with my 1001 rb 2 and Im pumped with the sound. Prior to this cab I was using a hartke hydrive 410 and it just wasnt working, the 1001 was pushing it to hard.
    My questions?
    1-What are the differences in the rbx and neo besides weight?
    2-can anyone give me some insight on the rbx cab as i came to learn its no longer made..
  2. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

I know you are having a hard time getting answers. The RBX was short lived that was to replace the SBX series, ceramic magnet cabs . They were a darker (but gutsy) cab that was a little high-mid shy, something the NEO when used with it will take care of.
  3. robertebooker

robertebooker

Ic. Still getting to know it but Im blown away by the tone. I guess Im good cause i have no other Gk cab to compare it to. How will my tone change when i get the 4 pole speakon for biamp mode.
  4. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

You'll just have better control over the tweeter horn, direct from the amp head front panel.
    The cable needs to be a 4 pole, 4 conductor speaker cable. Usually 4 pole speakon cables are only two conductor so watch for that (unless getting the cable from G-K).
  5. robertebooker

robertebooker

Good to know cause that's my mission for tomorrow.. What's your experience with the boost and woofer controls? anything i should be aware of from your experience?