RBX

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fourstringsonly, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Fourstringsonly

Fourstringsonly

I was at GC today. I had planned on looking at the Fender VM Jazz,but the action was so high,it was unplayable,so high that even when I slapped the E string with my thumb,it barely made contact with the frets. The G string was making contact with the pickup producing this clack noise through the Markbass.

So I started looking at other basses. I came across the RBX170,,and the action wasn`t bad. I plugged it in,and I was quite surprised at the sound. It`s quite good for $179.99. I see that they can be had for $159.99 free shipping on Ebay.. I was thinking about getting one..who knows,maybe do some upgrades,mainly tuners.. Anyone have any thoughts?
  2. dedpool1052

dedpool1052

i have a '92 yamaha rbx 350, solid little bass and plays pretty decently. i've played a recent rbx, not sure what model but it had p/j pickups. was pretty good for the price. also, it's hard to judge basses on what you find in GC. the squier VM basses are quite nice for the money. im sure if you had played one with a setup more to your liking you'd have a different opinion.
  3. Fourstringsonly

Fourstringsonly

This RBX had the P/J configuration also.
  4. dedpool1052

dedpool1052

just looked it up. yeah, thats the same one i played. seems solid enough to me to justify the price.