1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

RCF cabs?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by nostatic, Nov 24, 2012.

1. nostatic

nostatic Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: FEA Labs, Jule Amps
    Anyone run RCF powered cabs? I know one of my keyboard players uses them and swears by them. I'm especially interested in the ART 722 and the HD12-A. I've been working with a K10 and various preamps (and sometimes just straight in) and for some of my gigs it could be a cool fit.
  2. nostatic

Disclosures:
    Also am curious about the FBT Promaxx 14a if people have used that. Most of the reviews of these cabs are on DJ forums which is a bit of a different thing...
  3. Blue

Blue

Sign me up as a Fan. A guy I respect tells me it's in the paper for the cone .. Eye-Tally-E-N's seem to really have that together - witness also the original Jensen line for guitars ... so I have RCF as well as FBT. Note also some RCF products were sold to Mackie.

When new RCF and FBT are pricy ... but worth it ... and both are under the radar so on the used market one can score well against the better known brands.
  4. Blue

Blue

P.S.: above for PA only - i've actually never run Bass through them.
  5. Tourdeforce1

Tourdeforce1

RCF powered speakers are awesome and crazy light. I love em.
  6. nostatic

Disclosures:
    You should plug your bass in and give a listen.