Re-Attaching Jazz Bass Knob

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by mdr0430, Dec 13, 2013.

1. mdr0430

mdr0430 Supporting Member

I am extremely embarrassed to be asking this, but I'm at a loss. Awhile back one of my knobs from my Jazz fell off and it is so loose that it will not stay on anymore. It is a 2003 MIA Standard if that makes any difference at all

I have tried standard and metric allen wrenches to no avail to try and tighten the black plastic knob. What am I missing here? How are these knobs supposed to be tightened? I attached some pictures so everyone can see what I'm talking about. I apologize for the question, but any responses are greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. derrico1

derrico1 Supporting Member

Looks like the set screw has fallen out of the knob. Replace that and you'll be good to go. (See the other full sized knob for the proper screw size.)
  3. Dmwphoto

Dmwphoto what does this light/\ do? Supporting Member

yes you are missing the set screw
  4. mdr0430

Thank you both for the replies. Can't believe I didn't notice that. I checked my allen wrenches and it looks like the set screw is 1/16", do you guys know if a standard hardware store would carry that?
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Dmwphoto

Dmwphoto what does this light/\ do? Supporting Member

Try napa auto parts
  7. Kmonk

Kmonk

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Fender and Spector, Ampeg, Curt Mangan Strings
    A hardware store will probably have a screw you can use. Otherwise go to your local music store and buy a set of knobs.
  8. mdr0430

Thanks, everyone. Went to the local hardware and got a screw for $0.23 and fixed the issue. I appreciate the help on such an obvious issue.