1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Re-Finishing An Oil Finished Warwick?

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Ronny49, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Ronny49

Ronny49

Hey guys... I just got a Warwick Streamer 5 LX SE in an oil finished spalted maple. But it actually looks like poplar to me. I want to finish it in a translucent gloss cherry burst finish.

But my local painter tells me that once a bass is finished in oil, it can never be refinished again due to the oil sinking in about an 1/8th of an inch.

What I am doing is either confirming what he has informed me of or I would like to know if there are any other options. Are there any pro painters on this board?

Please let me know if I have any options.

Peace
  2. dragonbass

dragonbass Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    EX-Sadowsky Guitars Builder
  3. Ronny49

Ronny49