1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

RE: IBANEZ BTB 776PB what's the weight of your bass please

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by chuck norriss, Feb 26, 2014.

1. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Banned

Jan 20, 2011
    776pb owners? weight is the deciding factor for me.

2. VegetarianBass

VegetarianBass

Aug 23, 2011
    It's a bit heavy. Let me check for you

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. VegetarianBass

VegetarianBass

Aug 23, 2011
    11 lbs on my scale but that may be inaccurate

5. VegetarianBass

VegetarianBass

Aug 23, 2011
    It's really not that bad especially with a comfort strap

6. Martin89

Martin89

Nov 8, 2010
    Glendale, AZ
    Disclosures:
    Unofficial Endorser: Ibanez, D'Addario, Zoom
    My experience with BTB's is that they are on the heavier side, they're well balanced so a good strap makes it worth while. But they are MUCH heavier than the soundgear series so if you're looking for something lightweight you can find a soundgear with similar electronics a lot of times. BTB's are in the Ibanez "heavy" camp with ATK's. What weight do you like? The BTB 6 I had the most experience playing was probably a hair lighter than most of the Jazz 5's I've played...

7. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Banned

Jan 20, 2011
    I've owned a BTB 4 string inthe past. now I'm into 6 strings & I think this would be ideal but the weight can be prohibitive with basses. I've tried the 706 & 506. both very nice but not quite the same as btb. thanks for the replies.

8. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Banned

Jan 20, 2011
    11 lbs? anyone else? thanks veg & martin.

9. OnThaCouch

OnThaCouch

Aug 10, 2006
    Fairfield, CA
    I don't know the specific weight of mine (I'll try and weigh it tonight and post up) but as others have commented it is on the heavy side. I have a semi-custom Conklin GT7 that is lighter but less well balanced than my BTB.

It is EXTREMELY well balanced and I love the tone so I wouldn't consider parting with it.

**I have a nice wide comfortable strap that helps smooth things out.