1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

RE: IBANEZ BTB 776PB what's the weight of your bass please

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by chuck norriss, Feb 26, 2014.

1. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Supporting Member

776pb owners? weight is the deciding factor for me.
  2. VegetarianBass

VegetarianBass Supporting Member

It's a bit heavy. Let me check for you
  3. VegetarianBass

11 lbs on my scale but that may be inaccurate
  4. VegetarianBass

It's really not that bad especially with a comfort strap
  5. Martin89

Martin89

Disclosures:
    Unofficial Endorser: Ibanez, D'Addario, Zoom
    My experience with BTB's is that they are on the heavier side, they're well balanced so a good strap makes it worth while. But they are MUCH heavier than the soundgear series so if you're looking for something lightweight you can find a soundgear with similar electronics a lot of times. BTB's are in the Ibanez "heavy" camp with ATK's. What weight do you like? The BTB 6 I had the most experience playing was probably a hair lighter than most of the Jazz 5's I've played...
  6. chuck norriss

I've owned a BTB 4 string inthe past. now I'm into 6 strings & I think this would be ideal but the weight can be prohibitive with basses. I've tried the 706 & 506. both very nice but not quite the same as btb. thanks for the replies.
  7. chuck norriss

11 lbs? anyone else? thanks veg & martin.
  8. OnThaCouch

OnThaCouch

I don't know the specific weight of mine (I'll try and weigh it tonight and post up) but as others have commented it is on the heavy side. I have a semi-custom Conklin GT7 that is lighter but less well balanced than my BTB.

It is EXTREMELY well balanced and I love the tone so I wouldn't consider parting with it.

**I have a nice wide comfortable strap that helps smooth things out.