1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

re-post need help from players... Bass Luthier in East Valley of Phoenix

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Macrocosmcwh, Nov 13, 2012.

1. http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f57/bass-luthier-phoenix-929694/

I am posting this here to get more eyes on a thread that I started in "Luthier corner"

Reason I am posting this here is because I am looking for a person to help my setup my basses. I want a person who plays the bass and not just a technician. Thanks! Sorry for the re-post but at this point I am desperate for a talented guy, not a guitar center tech that I have to wait three weeks for a mediocre job!

2. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    +1 I can always tell the difference in my setups when they're done by bass player techs than others

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. Engine207

Engine207 Losing faith in humanity...one call at a time. Supporting Member

Jul 10, 2008
    Higley, AZ
    Brian Lewis of Lewis Bass and Guitar is awesome. Been my tech for 2 years and nobody - and I mean NOBODY - else touches my basses.

He's in Chandler, near the 101 and Ray Rd. (602) 680-8084. Tell him I sent ya!

5. thank you so so much!!! What is your name so I can tell him....?

6. Engine207

Jul 10, 2008
    Higley, AZ
    I'm George, but he'll know. :D

7. Just got off the phone with him.... if his work is half as nice as he is.... I AM GONNA BE SUPER HAPPY! Thanks Engine for the referral!!!! Awsome.... talk bass is the place!

8. Engine207

Jul 10, 2008
    Higley, AZ
    No sweat! He just texted me a "thank you for the referral". Brian is also a Roberto-Venn trained builder. I've seen some of his customs, and they're killer too.

Good luck, bro!

9. Hapa

Hapa

Apr 21, 2011
    Tustin, CA
    PM me, I have my hand tools out here so I can't built for you... without it taking a really really long time. I will do setups. I live in Mesa.

10. George, what a great guy. Took him three basses.... Very cool guy... He got so excited about working on my basses. Hahahaha like a kid in a candy store. I am sure he will set them up as his own. I am excited! Thanks again for the suggestion!!!!

11. Engine207

Jul 10, 2008
    Higley, AZ
    He's so meticulous, it's funny. He did the epoxy on my fretless neck.

Check this out...
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f57/epoxy-fretless-warmoth-neck-lewis-bass-guitar-710064/