1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

re-post need help from players... Bass Luthier in East Valley of Phoenix

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Macrocosmcwh, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Macrocosmcwh

Macrocosmcwh Gold Supporting Member

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f57/bass-luthier-phoenix-929694/

I am posting this here to get more eyes on a thread that I started in "Luthier corner"

Reason I am posting this here is because I am looking for a person to help my setup my basses. I want a person who plays the bass and not just a technician. Thanks! Sorry for the re-post but at this point I am desperate for a talented guy, not a guitar center tech that I have to wait three weeks for a mediocre job!
  2. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative Supporting Member

+1 I can always tell the difference in my setups when they're done by bass player techs than others
  3. Engine207

Engine207 Losing faith in humanity...one call at a time. Supporting Member

Brian Lewis of Lewis Bass and Guitar is awesome. Been my tech for 2 years and nobody - and I mean NOBODY - else touches my basses.

He's in Chandler, near the 101 and Ray Rd. (602) 680-8084. Tell him I sent ya!
  4. Macrocosmcwh

thank you so so much!!! What is your name so I can tell him....?
  5. Engine207

I'm George, but he'll know. :D
  6. Macrocosmcwh

Just got off the phone with him.... if his work is half as nice as he is.... I AM GONNA BE SUPER HAPPY! Thanks Engine for the referral!!!! Awsome.... talk bass is the place!
  7. Engine207

No sweat! He just texted me a "thank you for the referral". Brian is also a Roberto-Venn trained builder. I've seen some of his customs, and they're killer too.

Good luck, bro!
  8. Hapa

Hapa

Disclosures:
    Bass Industry guy, currently a free agent
    PM me, I have my hand tools out here so I can't built for you... without it taking a really really long time. I will do setups. I live in Mesa.
  9. Macrocosmcwh

George, what a great guy. Took him three basses.... Very cool guy... He got so excited about working on my basses. Hahahaha like a kid in a candy store. I am sure he will set them up as his own. I am excited! Thanks again for the suggestion!!!!
  10. Engine207

He's so meticulous, it's funny. He did the epoxy on my fretless neck.

Check this out...
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f57/epoxy-fretless-warmoth-neck-lewis-bass-guitar-710064/