Real or fake? eBay listing, check the description

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by M_hubbert, Aug 1, 2013.

1. M_hubbert

M_hubbert

2. mansjasont

mansjasont

Seems too good to be true. Ritchie Sambora? It would have to be worth more.

3. Biggbass

Biggbass Supporting Member

0 feedback rating too, which voids any possibility of legitimacy for me. You'd think, it being an American Strat, that if all he's wanting is $500 bucks he'd just take it to the nearest Guitar Center and just sell it to them.

Speaking of GC and famously connected guitars...the GC down the highway from me says they have
    THE 51 ESQUIRE that was used on Born to Be Wild. No certificate or letter or any authenticating paperwork...but it comes with a $60K price tag.

4. bassistjoe93

bassistjoe93 Supporting Member

Id ask for pictures not taken with instagram filters.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. two fingers

two fingers Loud Mouth Know It All Blowhard

So, Richie has a gagillion guitars laying around. I'm sure Fender gives him quite a few. This one may have passed through his hands. So what? I don't see why that would add to the value of an otherwise "regular Strat" in the first place. Let's say Richie got it on Tuesday and gave it to this guy on Thursday. Having spent two days in the Sambora house doesn't add one penny of value to it to me at all. It's not like the guy is claiming he recorded 5 albums with it.

7. M_hubbert

M_hubbert

Maybe he should just sell it back to Richie, since their buds and all.

8. tranceFusion

tranceFusion

I have no idea regarding the story or legitimacy of the seller, but the $500 is just a starting bid. Unless its a completely unique, low-demand item I start my auctions at a $1 since the ebay fees are cheaper, and the market is sure to drive the price up during the auction.

9. mansjasont

mansjasont

I'm not saying it adds a ton of value, but the guitar alone, with no association with anyone famous, should be worth more than that.

10. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Any connection to a big name artist aside, just put a watch on the auction and see what it winds up selling for.

It has a single bid on it and just over 15 hours left so I'm betting in the last hour it will bid up to close to whatever prime retail is for such a guitar.

That said, new seller, zero feedback, only item listed, no pics of the claimed additional items, claims of connection to big name artist, all scream something rotten. I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole.