1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

REAL TRADE FEELER: Godin A5 Ultra FL

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ErnieD, Jan 18, 2014.

1. ErnieD

ErnieD Supporting Member

Real trade "FEELER" cuz not really sure I wana move this bass out. I bought this newer version A5 fretless EAB in Nov of 2012 brand new. Though acoustic is not its' forte. This was for a side sorta acoustic latin jazz band. Well the band went away already so bass only got very short term use.

I had really wanted to order a EUB 5 stringer for this project. But having never owned any UB didn't want to slow the project down while I learned it. This Ultra A5 worked great for the project and I'm hoping to use it again in a similar project I may find if I look for one later.

But while I have the downtime, be nice to get/learn an EUB. So sort feeling out what's out there for a more/less straight trade. Like mostly a 5 (possible 4) string EUB. My bass is still very new, is the most recent model with the magnetic (Lace Sensor?) pup on body and Piezo bridge pups. EQ sliders and Vol knob on side of body.
    Two inputs for either mix or electric only pup use and the Synth pin connection. Is the natural color and comes with the very nice Godin soft case. I'd put value at aprox $1000.00 for trade offers, +/- cash either way. Just installed the newer, White Nylon flatwnd strings on it. Need to take pics n post em later. Let's see what kinda offers are out there to see if I can pursue this. (Was gona post this in the DB forum but I don't think they like us, EB-players, too much over there. ;>) Thanks, e.
  2. LowBSix

LowBSix

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: GHS Strings
    Is this lined or unlined?
  3. ErnieD

ErnieD Supporting Member

I prefer unlined fretless basses. But this Godin has side marker dots and 'cheater lines'(??) along the low B side of neck that can't be seen from the front but very visible when playing the bass looking down at the neck.

If that's a good or a bad thing for some not sure. But it has made it very easy to play when I need to look. :smug:
  4. xabicho

xabicho Supporting Member

Can you post pics?
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. LowBSix

LowBSix

Disclosures:
    Pics? Trade for P in link???
  7. LowBSix

LowBSix

Disclosures:
  8. xabicho

xabicho Supporting Member

Is this still available?
  9. LowBSix

LowBSix

Disclosures:
    No response for days??????
  10. ErnieD

ErnieD Supporting Member

Sorry been too busy to update my ad with pics or just to reply to anyone here.

I'm really leaning to a 5 string, but possibly even just a 4 string, EUB. Don't really think I want to swap for a BG as I have several of those already. I should prolly post in a DB FT thread.

But for now.

My A5 is like brand new as I've only practiced with it some at home and played two latin jazz gigs last year. Haven't had a need to bring her out for any current gigs. So she's been sitting in her also like new Godin case. Has brand new White Nylon flatwound strings. No marks on board or body.

Hoping I get time next week to take then post some pics. But if you go see pics of a new one online, mine looks just like that. And again, still not sure I wanna move this bass out if the right offer does not come. So def still in feeler mode. Peace, e.
  11. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

EUB offer still good if you decide that's the way you want to go.
  12. .:Aidan:.

.:Aidan:.

I could trade you cash for it? :p
  13. ErnieD

ErnieD Supporting Member

I may be considering posting a cash sale price soon. Gotta work some things out first then I'll know if I can do that. EUB trades still considered.
  14. .:Aidan:.

.:Aidan:.

Yeah cool man, I just thought the chances of finding someone who wants to part with an EUB while simultaneously wanting a Godin might be slim, which I guess is why we invented currency in the first place :D
    Let me know when you decide, I'm looking for a Godin A5 fl but not in a rush.