1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

REALLY simple double bass solos to transcribe

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Chris Fitzgerald, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Administrator

Hi fellas. I have a real beginning DB student, and most of the stuff i normally assign to students to transcribe for solos for their juries is too complicated or difficult. Does anyone have any suggestions for really simple solos I might assign to this person?
  2. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike Supporting Member

I'm interested because I'm a beginner on upright as well, looking forward to see what comes up.
  3. jdepriest

jdepriest

me too.

is there a way to subscribe to a thread without posing in it?
  4. notchuck

notchuck

Yes, you can subscribe with the options on the top right under "thread tools"

What kind of music do you want to have a bass solo from?

You could try the main bass riff from Charles Mingus' Haitian Fight Song.
  5. mixedbass

mixedbass Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Managing Editor, notreble.com
    Hey Chris,
    Have you considered Bob Cranshaw's solo on "The Sidewinder"? There's nothing too technical, it's bluesy, and the bass is pretty easily heard. Plus the song is riff based, and I think that makes it easier to hear the changes for beginner players.
    Either way, I'm curious to see what you find.
    Cheers,
    Kevin
  6. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Administrator

This is perfect! Thanks for the recommendation. :)