1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

REAPER: region-specific fader levels?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by hgregs, Dec 23, 2013.

1. hgregs

hgregs

any reaper users out there? we record our show with the presonus 16.0.2 and get 12 pre-fader tracks that run for duration of our 2 sets. now i'm tasked with rendering the tracks down to individual songs. each tune seems to need it's own fader levels. but i can't find a way to get reaper to save a fader level per song (which i've as regions). anyone know?
  2. silky smoove

silky smoove Supporting Member

I'm not a Reaper guy, but it sounds like you're looking for volume automation. Google "Reaper volume automation" and you'll likely find your answer.

Alternatively, you could save each region/song as it's own session and handle it that way.
  3. Codger

Codger Bradley Baker Supporting Member

I am new to Reaper, but I exported each song as a new project.

Edit: Chapter 16 in the User Guide v4.57 discusses automation. It is exactly what you are looking for and provides a few different ways to have fader levels, track muting, effects parameters,etc., become modified while the track is playing.
  4. palmann

palmann

I use different tracks each song for mastering.

Gruesse, Pablo