1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Reborn bassist

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by Natfunk91, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Natfunk91

Natfunk91

hey all! My names Nat, and I just stumbled across this forum. Been lurking a while before making this post, and it's awesome, and so far really helpful.. Although it really complicated make a final decision on an inexpensive 410 haha.
    Anyways I started playing at 14 and played all the way up until some unfortunate "habits" took priority in my life and my bass and gear was sold.. Saddest days of my life.
    Now, at 23, I've been back on the straight and narrow for a about a year and a half, and finding my way back to my original source of happiness: music and bass.
    I bought another jazz bass, squier this time as living is expensive at minimum wage, and another Peavey cabinet. Amazingly, my old Peavey dpb 300 survived the wreckage.
    I couldn't be happier to be playing again, and I'm happy to say I haven't completely lost my touch. I'm focusing more now on technique and improving my ear, just all around improving instead of "plateau ing" like before.
    Anyways, sorry for the long winded and detailed post, just wanted to give some background and say how happy I am to be back at it, as well as introduce myself. This forum is pretty cool so far.

P. S. I hope this doesn't lose anyone who read this far, but my personal motto has always been "what would flea do" and my old long gone mim fender jazz was named "Vickie" and I had old Victors six on the back of the headstock! Didn't wanna mess up the finish, but how do you Not get his signature when you have the chance?

2. BigRedBassPlayer

BigRedBassPlayer Gold Supporting Member

Welcome back to the bass world! And most importantly back to a better, healthier life.

3. Natfunk91

Natfunk91

Thank you sir! It's all great

4. Ahdub

Ahdub Supporting Member

Welcome back- good to hear you are trading destruction for production, forward to sonic bliss!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. DMBankers

DMBankers Supporting Member

+1 rock that clean living