1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Recabinet vs. POD HD - (Cab/Mic Simulation Comparison)

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by KhzDonut, Feb 11, 2013.

1. KhzDonut

KhzDonut

Disclosures:
    Fret Smithe, BGP
    I picked up Recabinet 3 awhile back for recording Guitar, and it made a huge difference going from the POD HD's internal Cab/Mic simulation to Recabinet's.

Anyway, I was happy with my Bass tone with the POD HD, but since Recabinet had Bass Cabs I figured I'd give them a try, and turns out I really liked them. Felt like they sit in mixes a bit better overall, and the ability to change and tweak them after I'm done recording is a huge bonus.

http://youtu.be/hVVR9gJd7Uw

The first half of the video is comparing an identical Cab/Mic setup, and the second half is comparing my custom Recabinet Cab/Mic setup to the POD HD.

Figured this might be of some use to my fellow home studio guys :)
  2. Dilbert

Dilbert

yeh Recab is awesome and still on sale for $19.99 !!!!
    (im not affiliated in any with with Recabinet btw)