1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Recommend a filter pedal for me

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by K2000, Mar 12, 2014.

1. K2000

K2000

Almost total filter noob here...

I'm looking for a filter that adds some 'movement' on it's own (so my Behringer BSY600 is not useful, for example). If it mainly effects the attack and decay, it's not what I need. (It's for droning synth pads, so there is no attack or decay). I tried a Boss PS-3 phaser which has "step" options (and that kinda works for me, but only one mode is useful).

Hopefully there is something with a small footprint, not too expensive, creates movement, and is very versatile. Weird is a plus. If it's easy to find used, even better!

(not a Moog! too big!)

:help:

2. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

ZVex seek wah or Copilot Dubscope?

Are you after a smooth LFO to open and close the filter slowly, a random step filter, or a programmable sequencer one like the ZVex?

3. LSMFT6

LSMFT6

Source Audio Manta.

4. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

You could add the hot hand expression controller to that, it's a ring that goes on your finger that you wave about to control the filter. If you're too busy playing for those kind of shenanigans, you can tape it to your forehead whilst you headbang, or attach it to a caged rabid animal on stage.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. K2000

K2000

Too expensive, by double. (edit: I see that used Seek Wahs sell for under $150 on Ebay, sometimes... Hmmm)

I really don't know, just soliciting ideas...

7. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

If you're looking at that there's also an 'Ooh Wah' that looks like it does more.

Probably too much low end loss for bass use, but fine for other sounds.

8. MightyMiloQuinn

MightyMiloQuinn Supporting Member

Take a look at the SubDecay Proteus and the new SolidGoldFX Funkzilla.

Edit: perhaps neither meet the 'not too expensive' requirement.