Recommend an NFL team to follow.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bigboy_78, Feb 4, 2013.

1. bigboy_78

bigboy_78

I’ve started to enjoy the NFL a bit. Now that I understand that it isn’t a game of rugby, but more like a game of chess with one move taking place at a time, I’m starting to enjoy it more. Seeing a few documentaries style TV shows (NFL-America’s Game) about different seasons in the NFL and getting a bit of history of the game helped as well.

Anyway, I think I need a team to follow next season. The team I follow in the Australian Rugby League (The Manly Sea-Eagles) are easily the most hated team in the competition. Everyone cheers for 2 teams, their own team and whoever is playing Manly that week. Manly fans only have 1 team. You don’t need a back-up when you know you’re the best. We have a reputation as being a wealthy team who pay of refs and steal the best players from the poor teams etc.

Which team in the NFL matches that description? I think I’ll take them on as the team I follow. It won’t be the same as having a proper emotional ownership of the team that you get from growing up in an area, but at least it will give me someone to cheer for.
  2. hdracer

hdracer Supporting Member

Dallas Cowboys
    Everyone but Texans (and not all of them) hate them for a lot of the reasons you stated.
  3. slobake

slobake Supporting Member

The 49'rs of course. :D But not for the reasons you listed. They get better every year. They have a yound quarteback who is only going to get better, and they have a young coach who is learning more every year.
  4. hdracer

I think he learned a few things yesterday :eyebrow:

People don't hate the 49ers
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. macaroni tony

macaroni tony

Cowboys best fit your description, OP. But they have been very mediocre for the last decade or so.

Raiders are historically the most hated team, but that was for cheating in-game and having a bit of a mean streak. But they have been a horribly, horribly bad team for the last decade or so :(
  7. macaroni tony

macaroni tony

Pay no mind to slobake. No one really hates the 9ers. He's just a rabid homer :)
  8. hdracer

More reasons to hate the Cowboys

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It just isn't right that they can pay for the best looking cheerleaders in football.

:D
  9. Solarmist

Solarmist Supporting Member

^ Those are really compelling reasons.
  10. macaroni tony

macaroni tony

I thought I heard that Trent Richardson of the Cleveland Browns is an American-born Aborigine. That might give you a little slice of home
  11. mmbongo

mmbongo Chicken Pot Pie. My three favorite things!! Supporting Member

Most hated by far = Dallas Cowboys...but they are pathetic. They spend the most money, though.

Most hated and wins all the time = New England Patriots. Pretty boy quarterback, coach is a complete jerk and sore loser, and they get caught cheating every few years.
  12. bigboy_78

bigboy_78

Cowboys it is.
  13. bigboy_78

bigboy_78

My team in Australia, don't cheat and have spent a fair bit of time outside the finals, although we're on a roll at the moment.

They're hated for some stuff that went down in the 60s & 70s.
  14. fjadams

fjadams Supporting Member

That used to be the Raiders. Even the Commissioner hated the team and the owner, especially the owner. But, alas, their glory days seemingly are over.

Now it's whatever team Michael Vick is on, the Cowboys, Steelers, and the Donkeys.

Friends favorite team is Brisbane Lions.
  15. Drunk Heffalump

Drunk Heffalump Tone that I have. Skill? Oh, that? Well....

Wow would not have thought that this would have been so difficult.......

The New England Patriots, and their coach Bill Belicheat

AKA: The Evil Empire and the hoodie

Why you ask.......

The Tuck Rule, which is a discussion for another forum and the beginning of the end of the then resurgent Raiders. The refs HANDED the interception back to G.W. Bush's favourite team.
    The Arrogance on display PROVIDED they're winning, and the poutyness when their losing, even their mascot is smarmy...
    Spygate - Proven BTW so it seems they cheated on the Rams the Eagles and the Panthers to get Superbowl wins.
    Etc etc etc....

I used to follow Aussie rulz Football. I remember a guy on the Geelong Cats nicknamed Majic and some monster named Anthony Danahier(?) of Melborne. Watched that guy carry another player in a headlock, catch the ball one handed, then turn and kick the goal, unreal....

:D
  16. Thick McRunfast

Thick McRunfast Not just good, good enough Supporting Member

I don't know why a rugby fan would even be interested in American football. Especially a fan of a team named the Manly Sea-Eagles. Maybe the greatest team name ever!
  17. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Who won yesterday?
  18. slobake

There won't be a parade here in San Francisco, that's all I'm saying.
  19. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Liar! Theres always a parade in San Francisco!
  20. slobake

Busted! What can I say. Okay there won't be a parade involving guys with glandular disorders who bump into other guys with glandular disorders.
  21. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Supporting Member

Raiders. Richest tradition in the history of the league. Want to be a real man? Be a Raiders fan. If you like daisies become a fan of any other team the league, especially the Patriots.