1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Recommend me a mid-range 34" six string

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jim Nazium, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Jim Nazium

Jim Nazium Supporting Member

I have the sudden urge to try a six-string. I'd like to spend, say, $600-800 (used is OK). Not too many requirements other than 34" scale and a neck that is stable, but I prefer hum canceling PUs and simple controls.

What's out there? I know there's Ibanez, but I had a bad experience with a Soundgear bass a while back - the neck was made of some really soft wood, and I could bend it back until the strings bottomed out on all the frets with just a little pressure from my hand. I'd consider other Ibanez models, if the neck is maple or something good and sturdy.

2. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Banned

SX makes an Ursa2 6. Under 200 shipped in the States. What the?! What's the catch? I might give it a shot. I'm looking too.
    BTB776PB is pretty but that's a lot of material & a little flashy for my taste, also longer scale. Otherwise there's Warwick & ESP.
    Ibby SR506 or 706 are nice just less attractive. Tried those? 506 is ugly to me but one of the best playing 6's I've tried.

3. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Banned

Also EBMM Bongo 6
    Rave reviews, hideous looks, prohibitive price.

4. chucko58

chucko58

Disclosures:
    I paid for all my gear myself. Well, me and MasterCard.
    A used Carvin LB76 or BB76 would fit the bill, and can probably be found in your price range.

5. Register to disable this ad