Recommend me a wireless please.

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by Catalin, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Catalin

Catalin

Hello,

I'm thinking to get a wireless, but i have no clue what to get.
    Based on what i've read here i'm thinking to get a Line 6 G30.
    If you can recommend me something else in that price range, or even cheaper please do so.

Thanks !
  2. loflyinjett

loflyinjett

+1 on the G30 here.

Never had a problem with mine, no tone loss at all, distance is more than reasonable. The only issue I've ever had is tossing the transmitter off of my strap a few times.
  3. seamonkey

seamonkey

You've got it. Line 6
    "Digital wireless" is the key
  4. Dantreige

Dantreige

Get the g50 if you can. It's made quite a bit better. Less plastic and more metal.

The g30 is still a good unit, but you'll need to be more careful with it.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Keplaffintech

Keplaffintech

+1 for Line 6 g30 or g50, there is absolutely no competition, I just cannot wait for them to make a similar in-ear wireless system. I have the g30 and have never experienced a single drop-out or fuzzy signal (impossible with digital) whilst in range (~30m). Also people have accidentally trodden on the receiver and it is still perfect.
  7. hyp.spec

hyp.spec

Definitely a line6 g50.
  8. TimmyP

TimmyP

The Line 6 work well. The problem is that they tend to screw up WiFi networks, which are increasingly becoming a vital part of the FOH mixperson's arsenal.
  9. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
  10. pbass62

pbass62 Supporting Member

Yes G50:bassist:
  11. georgestrings

georgestrings Supporting Member

I'd say that's the mixperson's problem, then - since the use of Line6 wireless units is pretty common, and has been for atleast the last 7 or 8 years...

I'm still using my older XDR-95 with killer results - if/when my older X2 wireless stuff becomes unreliable, I'll probably switch to a G50...

- georgestrings
  12. FronTowardEnemy

FronTowardEnemy Bottom Feeder Supporting Member

Gigging a G30 for the past few months. Love it.
  13. SevenJacks

SevenJacks

Line 6 G50 incoming in a few days! :hyper:
    We have a gig in less than a month at a great little pub and I'm not going to tell my Guitard I got it... :ninja:

He is going to be soooooooo jealous :bag:
  14. Big_Daws

Big_Daws

you say that but what if that signal is screwing up your wireless signal...then its your problem...

my opinion is go UHF and sennheiser ew100 series. its def not in your price range, but is way better IMO than the line 6 stuff, and more reliable and sounds great...
  15. georgestrings

georgestrings Supporting Member

Not really - since the soundman *can* mix without his ipad, and people are actually paying to see my band - guess which one is giving way in that situation??? I play in an active 2 guitar band, and we all run wireless - the freedom to switch sides of the stage is a part of our show, and definitely wouldn't be sacrificed for the convenience of the soundman...

Sure, those Sennheisers are nice, but it's doubtful that they're "more reliable" - since the Line6 stuff is extremely reliable, IME...

- georgestrings
  16. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

If there is a FOH soundman, I don't use my wireless.. problem solved! :D

But it has been a couple of years since we had a "real" soundman, so I really rely on my line6 G50. I owned the XDS95, but it became unreliable. I can't believe how much better the line6 is.

MUCH MUCH MUCH better battery life, and cheaper AA batteries to boot! And the range... unbelievable.

My only gripe is that sometimes the battery life value is wrong. I always use duracells and it sometimes lies about battery life left. The status LED has always been correct.
  17. winegamd

winegamd

The line six stuff is the best on the market right now. They are 2.4Ghz, have a better freq. response than Shure, and have the best range of all the 2.4Ghz systems. You pay for those specs, but at least you are getting what you pay for. If range isn't a concern, and 30ft is enough, the onboard research freedom one is a great deal at $149. It has all the specs of the line 6, plus a built in tuner.
  18. Big_Daws

Big_Daws

unless they have a mackie DL1608...lol

i would trust my sennheiser and shure product over line 6 anyday. not to mention the build quality. UHF is a way more stable frequency, and especially over long distances. i know fora fact i can go 200+feet before i can have any issue with delay. with the shure system it is about 50-100ish. BUT my signal is perfectly stable. no problems.

and im quite happy to say that i will never have a cordless phone, bluetooth device or a wifi signal cut me off mid gig.
  19. Medford Bassman

Medford Bassman

i use a Shure wireless. Have been for quite some time, gig after gig and flawless.

I can't speak to the Line6 stuff but for me reliability is crucial.
  20. etoncrow

etoncrow (aka Greg Harman, the curmudgeon with a conundrum) Gold Supporting Member

I agree with this and vote for either Line6
  21. Gearhead17

Gearhead17 Supporting Member

G50 for about 1.5 years now. My guitar player recently converted to it and LOVES IT. He is a sound guy too. It's better than a long cable ANY DAY.

Never had my G50 get interference at a show either. Don't even bother with analog systems. The sound quality is FANTASTIC. you lose NOTHING.

I guess I like my G50! :D:bassist: