recommend me some pedals

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by spaz21387, Dec 9, 2012.

1. spaz21387

spaz21387

The parents want to get me a pedal of some kind for christmas. I dont really know what I want. Im into fuzz alot. I own a green russian bubble font muff, 3 black russian muffs, wren and cuff tall font russian, and pickle pie b, and an lm308 modded rat 2. I was looking into the fuzzrocious rat tail and the earthbound audio supercollider or catlinbread sft. Any other cool pedals i should look into?
  2. icecycle66

icecycle66

Do you have/would you like any reverb? I used to hate reverb until I go an Iron Ether Nimbus.
  3. DeltaPhoenix

DeltaPhoenix Supporting Member

Or modulation (Phasers sound great with dirt, especially an Infanem Faye Sing), Delay, Filter, Octaver, the list goes on.
  4. HolmeBass

HolmeBass

TAFM? As$master? (Brassmaster clone)
  5. spaz21387

spaz21387

tried out some delays. I dont really care for reverb much. I have ran a marshall amp with reverb on it into my 6x10 once. It wasnt that cool, ill still look into the iron either nimbus though. If I got the malekko assmaster it would be the one with the expression pedal out and thats over my budget. The cut off is about 200. I have heard of the team awesome fuzz machine but havent heard clips.
  6. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

If they are really cool parents they will get you a Verellen Meatsmoke Pedal.
  7. JBNeedsBeer

JBNeedsBeer

Jwr has a megalith for sale in the classifieds. Look into that for some great fuzz tones!
  8. Dark Barn

Dark Barn Supporting Member

You have so many Muffs, I would pass on the Supercollider unless you are on the hunt for the "One". Limiting myself to boxes I've actually played through and with your budget in mind I'd suggest a Fuzzrocious Rat Tail, SS/BS TAFM, SS/BS Mini, or a Mountainking Heavy Machine. I think all of these are killer.

I'd also say to branch out your collection generally, maybe some Brassmaster or Superfuzz based circuits or some original designs that are out there.
  9. spaz21387

spaz21387

I really do think the supercollider is the one... too bad they are out of stock at the moment.
  10. icecycle66

icecycle66

If you are running a passive bass and don't want to go to far away from fuzz and distortion you can try a Zvex box.
  11. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

12. spaz21387

spaz21387

at the moment im leaning towards the wounded paw battering ram... Whats the opinion on the battering ram?
  13. smcfarland1337

smcfarland1337 Supporting Member

I recommend the Boss RC-3 Loop Station pedal.
    Yeah, I read your post about fuzz and all that noise, but this loop station has helped me out in ways I can't even begin to explain.

Super handy, has a lot of features, and tons of recordable memory.

Do it man!
  14. SirMjac28

Get the new version the older versions wouldn't let you use just one side of the pedal.
  15. spaz21387

spaz21387

The v2? thats the new version right?