recommend preamp for squier vintage bass

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by ericmknight1906, Dec 10, 2012.

1. ericmknight1906

ericmknight1906

can anyone suggest a preamp that will actually fit in the cavity of a 70's squier vintage modified jazz bass 5 string?
    I recently purchased a really nice quality pre from Bass Mods. But unfortunately the heavy duty wiring and electronics required too much space.

I need a pre that has volume/bass/treble/mid/pan.

the 9 volt has to also fit. and, the 1/4 jack has to be on the control plate!

I know this is a lot to ask but I absolutely can't settle for simply bass/treble/volume preamps.

any help or advice is appreciated.

I have included a link of the bass mods preamp that I recently purchased for your reference.

http://www.bassmods.com/-3-Band-Preamp-4-Controls-ActivePassive-Plate-BEQ12-34PTAP-Passive-tone-Input-Jack-on-Plate_p_212.html
  2. aborg1

aborg1

I just installed BEQ12-35MSAP 3 Band Preamp Vol-blend-mid Stacked Treble and Bass Act/Pass Mini Switch to my Fender Squier Deluxe Active V this weekend. The axe has a killer tone. It's hard to justify spending more money when you can install this preamp and sound monster.

Give your phone and I'll be glad to help you out.;)
  3. ericmknight1906

ericmknight1906

does your squier have the typical control cavity like most fenders and squiers?? the problem i had is that all of the wiring and that fat black control module took up too much space and couldn't fit into the cavity.

thanks!
  4. aborg1

aborg1

Yes, I believe it does. I did have to do some ( tie wrap wire ) compacting but it all fit. Which particular Bass do you have ?
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. testing1two

testing1two Gold Supporting Member

7. nutdog

nutdog Supporting Member

8. ericmknight1906

ericmknight1906

9. ericmknight1906

ericmknight1906

wow! 200 bucks is a little steep. but yes, that type of pree is exactly what i need. i will continue looking for a cheaper alternative. but if need be, i will suck it up and get a retro.