1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Recommend some good modern gospel cuts please

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by retardedpossum, Nov 17, 2012.

1. retardedpossum

retardedpossum

Recently been getting into stuff by Sharray Reed and am looking for some good songs and bassist to check out.
    Thanks Y'all.
  2. mjac28

mjac28 50th Anniversary Ed Sullivan February 9, 1964 Gold Supporting Member

Switchfoot- I Dare You To Move
  3. Jhengsman

Jhengsman

:ninja: Switchfoot really is a different genre the Sharray Reed is in.
    maybe Thad Tribbett playing for Tye Tribbett
    Terrance Palmer with Israel & New Breed among others
    Fred Hammond, sometimes himself other times with sidemen like Maurice Fritzgerald

And many cats who I don't know the name of but when you look to buy a song from one of the above the others also bought links will take you there.
  4. brendanbassist

brendanbassist Supporting Member

Darrell Freeman
  5. fivestringgecko

fivestringgecko Supporting Member

Subscribed, because I'm the only white guy in my gospel band and I come from a background of... Not gospel. Lol

The leader for my gospel band currently has me listening to Kirk Franklin and John P. Kee, and some of my favorite songs we've covered include songs from DeWayne Woods, Darien Dennis and Tye Tribbett.

Our drummer suggested Micah Stampley (his song War Cry in particular) and also mentioned that anything from the WOW Gospel cds would be good to listen to as well. I've got WOW Gospel 2001-2012 and there's definitely some good stuff on all of them.

Andrew Gouche is also a big name in the gospel world if I remember right... He even has a signature MTD Kingston which is actually a pretty sweet bass, too.

5sg.