1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Recommendations for gear cart

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by joegrant413, Mar 2, 2014.

1. joegrant413

joegrant413

Hello,

Lately I have been wondering if I should get a small portable combo amp. But I woke up this morning with the thought that maybe all I really need is a suitable cart.

Right now, I carry a bass case, a 41 lb. QSC K12 PA, and a small bag with cables and other stuff. I've been carrying this stuff a short distance off the parking lot, and then about 300 or 400 feet to the stage of my church. This takes two trips.

If I were to get a cart, it would need to be something that could carry the speaker and the bass case together.

Maybe it is smarter for me to get the cart, rather then another combo amp. Basically I'm satisfied with the QSC K-12 as my personal monitor on stage.

Any thoughts? Or recommendations for a cart?

Thanks,
    - Joe

P.S. I'm not ancient, but not a kid anymore. Although the QSC is advertised as "portable", it's about 20 lbs. heavier and 10 inches taller than I care to tote around by hand.

2. Matthew_84

Matthew_84

3. joegrant413

joegrant413

Thanks. My bass case has shoulder straps, and I have used them. In fact, for a short distance I can carry all my gear at once now. But only a short distance.
    - Joe

4. Biggbass

Biggbass Supporting Member

Gruv gear.
    I use a solo lite but they have bigger if u need

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Gruv Gear Solo Lite here.

[​IMG]

7. Gaolee

Gaolee The Fat Violin Supporting Member

I use the kind you can get at Home Depot or a U-Haul shop. It doesn't fold, so keep that in mind, but it is a hand truck that converts to a four wheel cart. I use it to haul bass gear PA gear and all kinds of other things. It was relatively inexpensive, too. If I remember right, it was about $40 and has a load capacity of something like 800 lbs.

8. Turnaround

Turnaround

Disclosures:
    Bass Technician, Club Bass - Toronto
    There's a bunch of carts like this available through numerous suppliers. Search the web for "foldable hand cart".

The trick is that you should double the weight of the gear you want to truck and find a cart capable of that weight. I found the published specs to be less than what you want to use regularly.

FWIW, I use a cart of this type to move a Bergantino EX112 plus a Berg 210 with my equipment case (portable toolbox) on top. The cart in one hand and the bass in another works well so long as there is someone to open the door. I've been doing this for the past 10 years and it works so well I'm not about to change - except going amp-less which is the trend these days.

Am I wiser now, or just less able to handle weight???