1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Recommended Over Drive/ Distortion Pedals

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by xCHUBSx, Jan 8, 2014.

1. xCHUBSx

xCHUBSx

Hi
    I play bass for a hardcore punk // power violence // grindcore (fast, heavy, aggressive and technical stuff in other words) band, we gig regularly and I need to know what overdrive/distortion pedal would be best to use for this type of music.

I use am American Fender Jazz Bass and we play in drop C tuning.
    Cheers
  2. WaldoNova

WaldoNova Supporting Member

I've been hearing great things about the Source Audio OFD. Very versatile and it sounds great. You get everything you might need in one box with 2 presets. Some don't like the fact that it's digital but a lot of people who are analog purists have admitted that this pedal sounds great. The price is pretty reasonable as well considering all that it offers.
  3. rratajski

rratajski

Disclosures:
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    What amp?

Do you like a clankier/grindier drive or a doomier/fuzzier drive?
  4. Eatapeach1965

Eatapeach1965

5. garmenteros

garmenteros Junkyard Scout Gold Supporting Member

For that type of music I'd just use a gk800rb and crank it with an 8 10. The gks have a great grind to them. You could also use a tube head with a good overdrive pedal. I like tube screamers and other pedal inspired clones of the same circuit. If you want more distortion the BOSS bass driver is a good affordable choice. Best bet is to try before you buy if possible.