1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Recording bass in the studio

Discussion in 'Ask Adam Nitti' started by Green Lantern, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Green Lantern

Green Lantern

Hi there, just curious how you record your bass in the studio; do you only use a DI like a Avalon or perhaps the DI out of your bass amp to capture its character?

Thanks
  2. stretchcat

stretchcat

3. adamnitti

adamnitti

hi green lantern!

stretchcat's link is my general signal path... check it out if you haven't already.

however, in recent months, i've changed things around a little bit. i started using a creation audio labs MW1 for my clean d.i.. it's an incredible piece of gear for the studio. it has a transformerless d.i. that is completely transparent and sounds great. it's also the perfect component for re-amping, which i do a lot for clients if they decide they'd like to have a 3rd amp signal, as well. i'm still using the aguilar tone hammer for my colored tone but i've also been experimenting with the holy fire distortion/overdrive from the same company. it has a different character from the tone hammer but i like it a lot.