1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Recording cab for head comparisons

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by bobicidal, Nov 24, 2013.

1. bobicidal

bobicidal Supporting Member

I would love to make my own amp demo recordings to share but also for myself as I recently went on a shopping spree for heads and want to record them all to help with final selection and a keep a record.

I have Tascam DR40 on a small but sturdy tripod I have been using to record my Bergantino CN212.

Edit: sent too soon...

The tripod at lowest setting brings the DR40up to the top cone about dead center. I placed it about 30 inches away and got a pretty good sound and I am happy.

But when I see others test amps online I rarely see a mic, so I am confused. I think the way I am doing it makes more sense.

What do you think?

Thanks, Bob