1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Recording easily and with looping capabilities

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by matias_aph, Nov 3, 2013.

1. matias_aph

matias_aph

Hi All,

I am new on this site and I hope that some experts like you could help me :)

What do I need: I want to be able to record tracks (polyphonic) and be able to use them on loops (at least 2 tracks at the same time) while playing with effects. The device should also work as an amp (not much power). All should be transportable and run with batteries since I may be playing on streets and traveling. I can allow myself the use of a notebook as well.

What did I consider up to now:
    1) sonuus i2m midi + software + Voxmini3. Problem: sonuus is only a monophonic device.
    2) BOSS LOOPSTATION + Voxmini3. Problem: the affordable and transportable loopstations only play 1 loop + effects + alive. I want 2 loops at least.
    3) Vox amPlug Acoustic connected to my computer + proper software. Problem: I do not know if I am getting a proper sound on my computer from this + If I use the output of the amPlug for my computer I cannot use it on other amp like Voxmini3, right?

Questions: Do I have any other better option for my purpose? Do you consider any of these options viable or am I missing something?

I look forward to your recommendations, thanks a lot!!

Cheers,
    Mati