Recording Fuzz

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by CrimsonBassist, Dec 10, 2013.

1. CrimsonBassist

CrimsonBassist

Hello,

For over a year I have been recording through an ART Tube MP "Project Series" interface with no issues. One day I went to record and got nothing but fuzz. My initial solutions were to try various cables, USB slots, and recording software (Reaper, Audacity). When none of that worked, I thought the solution was to simply replace the tube (12AX7) in the preamp, but even that was a bust . At this point I'm at a loss. I was hoping to hear some thoughts/suggestions on things to try at this point...or at least hear from someone that knows more than me that I'm doomed.

An example of what sound I'm getting when I go to record.

Cheers!

P.s. If no solution is found, I could always just start writing kick-ass old school video game music with this new found effect. What do you think? Haha

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2014
  2. GrumpiusMaximus

GrumpiusMaximus I've Seen Things You People Wouldn't Believe Supporting Member

Could be a clock issue. Make sure your master clock is set to your interface and not the computer.

3. varunjh

varunjh

This happens with my Zoom B3 once in a while. Although your sounds more like a ring mod and mine sounds like its clipping. Restarting Cubase generally solves the issue for me.