1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Recording music with Android

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Mcgiver69, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Mcgiver69

Mcgiver69

Hi guys,

Just to let you know that there is a company that has developed a driver that bypasses Android audio system and let's you record and playback music using a USB device. At the moment they have only integrated the driver into their stand-alone recorder but it's a very good start.

You can download the demo version and test your phone or tablet and your interface with it and if you like it then can buy the pro version (it goes for something like $2 or $3)

Please see the info here:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...diorecorderpro

Here's a list of devices and interfaces that work with the driver:
    http://www.extreamsd.com/USBAudioRecorderPRO/
  2. theory028

theory028 Supporting Member

Interesting find. I've been jealous of my dad because he has an iPad and, from the looks of things, music related accessories are profoundly more common for iOS. I'm not sure that I would ever fully utilize something like this but I love the thought and it would probably be worth testing out. It's about time the Android audio segment make some advancements.

Seeing the Focusrite 2i2 on the compatible list has piqued my interest. At the same time, it's bus powered and, paired with my laptop, it's about as portable as I could have hoped for.

This is good news, regardless. I hope this convinces companies to start putting out stuff similar to the iRig. Tablets and phones strike me more as being better practice tools than DAWs.
  3. grvthang

grvthang

It's about time! It seems like it's taken forever to get audio recording capabilities up to speed on Android.
  4. Vicdaman24

Vicdaman24