1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Recording setup help

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by cappa, Nov 26, 2013.

1. cappa

cappa

New to recording and not sure I have a good setup and making basic mistakes.

I'm recording through a boss GT10B and into pro tools, two output standard leads to get stereo. Are these the best leads/should I stick with mono?

Sansamp setup in PTools but was thinking of buying sansamp 21?

That is pretty much it

It records but don't feel I get the best possible sound (trying to get a Foxton type sound).
    I use either a Rick 4003 or Fender P
    I don't mind investing a bit to get a better sound.

Thanks in advance
  2. lord love rocke

lord love rocke

Stick to mono. You want the bass right down the middle of the mix. Try 2 inputs of the same recording though. One clean and one mic'd speaker for fuzz. Then it's down to blending the 2. Watch out for phasing issues though.