Recording Studio Gear - Preamps, EQ's, Compressor

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by jcoutu1, Apr 7, 2014.

1. jcoutu1

jcoutu1 Supporting Member

Apogee Sound CRQ-12 - $310 PayPal included, you pay actual shipping.
    Black Lion Audio - AM/CHA1 - $700 PayPal included, you pay actual shipping.
    Thermionic Culture Rooster - $2200 Shipped/PayPal'd
    Thermionic Culture Phoenix SB - $3600 Shipped/PayPal'd

All sales are US ONLY and OBO. Additional pics can be provided upon request.

Descriptions are below...

Apogee Sound CRQ-12
    This is a really cool eq. You can either use it as a stereo eq or mono box using all the bands. I only use it in stereo (really dual mono) because it has so many bands. Nice filters. Super flexible frequency bands. I'm probably more reluctant to sell this than any of my other items listed here, but I have more important needs so I'll pop it up. Bottom left rack ear is a bit bent and won't accept a screw, but still works great. $309 PayPal included, but you pay actual shipping.

Apogee is the unit above the Schmidlin Fed+
    [​IMG]

Black Lion Audio AM/CHA1 EQ
    Dual channel inductor eq. Musical EQ with a cool vintage sound. The transformers really bring something to the table with this one. No issues. $700 PayPal included, but you pay actual shipping.

One note: The rack mount with this unit is pretty tight. If I don't have everything in my rack lined up just right, it's a pain to get it screwed into the rack properly. Doesn't effect the sound or performance in any way.

Unit is the one with the gold knobs
    [​IMG]

Thermionic Culture Rooster
    Dual Mono (2 channel) Mic/Line/DI Preamp w/ Balanced Output, EQ, and Distortion

This preamp has an all valve signal path with Sowter transformers in and out. Attitude control to add some hair. Pentode or Triode distortion modes. Low and high pass filters. Bass and treble lift with a mid cut. Truly a top of the line, boutique preamp that is made in England.

The attached video gives a really in depth rundown of the controls/features and a nice demo on a mono drum buss...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_IgaqpM25o

Additional info can be found direct from Thermionic Culture.

This unit is actually brand new, still in the box. I'm listing this as used because I am not a dealer and this is from my personal collection of equipment. I purchased two of these and only need one, so I'm passing the savings on to you.

[​IMG]

Thermionic Culture Phoenix SB (Standby Switch, Sidechain) Stereo Tube Compressor

For sale is a brand new, unboxed Thermionic Culture Phoenix with Standby and Sidechain Bass Cut.

This is a super high end stereo tube *variable mu" compressor. Serious top shelf gear that is used in the best studios. Pretty basic controls on this compressor. Standard variable gain, attack, release, and threshold controls. Switchable sidechain bass cut which allows the low end of your source to get through without triggering the compression. Bypass switches, stereo link, dual mono, make up gain, and a standby switch to keep from burning out your tubes.

These are point to point wired with an all tube path and are handmade in England.

The attached video gives a really in depth rundown of the controls/features and a nice demo on drum buss.

Additional info can be found direct from Thermionic Culture.

I'm listing this as used because I am not a dealer and this is from my personal collection of equipment. I purchased both a Mastering Version and an (non mastering) SB version and decided that I was only going to keep the Mastering Version, so I haven't unboxed the SB yet. I can send additional pics of the box and of my racked mastering version to prove that I'm not just some wanker, upon request.

[​IMG]

2. jcoutu1

jcoutu1 Supporting Member

Reduction on the Phoenix. $3400 today! Get it!