Recordings with low F# and under

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by nanymoa, Apr 14, 2014.

1. nanymoa

nanymoa

Dear collegues,
    I'm about to try a new tuning on my 6er.
    I would like to hear songs with bass lines going down to low F# and under. I wonder how good it gets down there. I'm a low B user myself, i've heard low B's nicely recorded in maintream records, but never heard any good stuff under that tuning that I can recall at least.
    I'm not looking for garage recordings, pro-level stuff preferably. I want to hear how it sits it in a mix.

ERB players, please enlighten me. :bassist:
  2. BioWeapon

BioWeapon

There's LOTS of metal out there in that tuning or lower. I doubt that's what you're looking for.
    So, I'll start off with the two notable examples of Yves Carbonne, as well as forum member JAUQO III-X, who released and album called the "low C# theory".

A couple examples of ERB players with the range but who don't necessarily use it would be Scott Fernandez on his 12 string, and Jean Baudin on his 11 string.
  3. nanymoa

nanymoa

Thank you BioWeapon, I'll check Carbonne and JAUQO once I get back home, so I can listen with good sound. I'm at work now.
    I saw some Scott Fernandez vids in the past, actually didn't catch my attention. The guy talks too much, and brags about his big bass.
    Also watched a Mario's theme version by Baudin. Great playing.
    I'm looking for more of a band recording situation. I'll check those you've mentioned.
    If anyone has more examples to share of any style, please do.
  4. nanymoa

nanymoa

Well, i think I will stick to standard b-e-a-d-g-c tuning.
    Any other examples worth listening?
  5. Roscoe East

Roscoe East

There's a cut on Mino Cinelu's first self-titled solo album that features some astonishingly low bass. No idea who played it, what instrument was used, or what note it goes to, but it's definitely well below an open ~30Hz B string. Makes an awesome subwoofer demo/evaluation track.
  6. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X

Disclosures:
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    A track from my CD The Low C# Theory.

nanymoa likes this.
  7. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X

Disclosures:
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    A track from my unreleased CD called Trioplicity.

nanymoa likes this.