1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Recreating long gone pickups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Andii Syckz, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Andii Syckz

Andii Syckz

In recent days, I've been planning to recreate my dad's les paul triumph. When it started it's life out of the factory, it was white, but due to it being played in bars when it was still legal to smoke inside, it turned yellow. But anyways, my point here, is to recreate the famous Lo/hi impedance pickups it had. I've searched online for specs but nothing super concrete.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but i read that i must use 32AWD gauged wire to wrap the coils in, also using alnico 5 magnets for all 4 coils, since it's a stacked humbucker. I was wondering, since it has three distinctive taps in it for the hi/lo impedance output, in/out phase and the 3 different tones (deep bass, norm and high) i was wondering if anyone had any info on where the taps are located or if it matters where i put them.

Appreciate the help, thanks a bunch.
  2. Andii Syckz

Andii Syckz

3. aquateen

aquateen

this is a pickup makers forum. very informative. also, David Schwab has done a bunch of research on these and would probably know the answers. good luck!
  4. Mungi

Mungi Supporting Member

David borrowed a Triumph pickup from me to study. He is making a clone for me (I hope, since I haven't received anything since I paid him two years ago). Anyways, ask him. If anyone knows, he's the one. Google his website and throw him an email.
  5. xaxxat

xaxxat Supporting Member