1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

REDDI Box detained....

Discussion in 'Rocket Music' started by cacoOsapo, Jan 31, 2014.

1. cacoOsapo

cacoOsapo

anyone else ever had their Reddi Box detained by the government? I just got a notice saying it out of UPS hands and being looked at by gov or other security agency....hopefully they are not taking it apart...wonder what the warranty is if they pull it apart? Makes me nervous travelling with it in the future... :rollno::bag::ninja:
  2. RocketMusic

RocketMusic Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner, Rocket Music
    I saw that... that is REALLY bizarre. Especially considering that it's not technically leaving the US, just going from mainland to Alaska.

I wonder if it crossed into Canada along the way?!?

I've never had this happen with any package going anywhere in the world, so this is a first for me. I hope it gets cleared up really soon...
  3. RocketMusic

Disclosures:
    Owner, Rocket Music
    My only guess is they must have suspected it was a bomb or something. No export documentation was required since this was a domestic shipment, so there's no detailed description of the contents available to them. Maybe they x-rayed it and got concerned about something? Who knows in this day and age...
  4. cacoOsapo

cacoOsapo

I googled a picture of the inner workings and that just made me more nervous...lol!!

Im not sure how it went up here...UPS is terrible up here!! barely store hours etc.

its probably a new TSA or Customs Agent trying to be a hero...I have dealt with them before in my line of work....:rolleyes::rollno:
  5. cacoOsapo

cacoOsapo

[​IMG]

Im sure this looks great under an x-ray machine...:D
  6. RocketMusic

Disclosures:
    Owner, Rocket Music
    I'll take "Things that go boom!" for $200, Alex. :)
  7. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

The least they could do is educate the people scanning stuff as to what consumer electronics look like on the inside. It's the same at the airport. At least they know what a laptop looks like...
  8. RocketMusic

Disclosures:
    Owner, Rocket Music
    That's the least they SHOULD do. The least they COULD do is absolutely nothing at all... and that's sounds about right for government work. :)

Shoot. Now the NSA will probably get their mitts on it, too. Dang it. :D
  9. JFOC

JFOC

I showed my friend, a mechanical engineer, several transformers that I was using to build preamps. Because of the flying leads he said they looked dangerous...:eyebrow:
  10. LightGroove

LightGroove

I realize we are dealing with a level of overzealous folks but I guess we do have to look at both sides. Would you not want extra precaution taken if this was indeed a bomb and headed your way? I for one dont mind the oversecurity we have.. Yes some is over reaching but if it makes me and my family safer then so be it.
  11. LightGroove

LightGroove

To the OP...this does suck and I hope it is resolved quickly. Nothing like waiting for something only to have it delayed.
  12. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist Supporting Member

We have the technical capability of scanners and/or trained dogs that could tell if there were explosives within this thing in a matter of moments. This is truly unacceptable.
  13. RocketMusic

Disclosures:
    Owner, Rocket Music
    And we're really just guessing why they pulled it in the first place. All we know for sure is it got pulled aside with no explanation.

FWIW - the package is out for delivery as we speak. USA. USA. USA. :)
  14. RocketMusic

Disclosures:
    Owner, Rocket Music
    And just for Jeff: Canada! Canada! Canada!!

Take off, eh. Hoser. :)
  15. LightGroove

LightGroove

Maybe someone on the inside wants to reverse engineer the thing...
  16. cacoOsapo

cacoOsapo

I had the box delivered and everything seems ok... there is a sticker on top that was not damaged, so it wasnt opened at all!! my biggest worry!! I will have to plug it in and work on playing the "Star Spangled Banner..":bassist::D
  17. RocketMusic

Disclosures:
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Awesome - I'm glad to hear it arrived unmolested, Al!

I hope it scratches your tube DI itch! I LOVE mine.
  18. cacoOsapo

cacoOsapo

Im lovin it!! Glad that I bought it!! thanks Greg!