1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

REDDI Owners Club

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by english4bw, Nov 19, 2012.

1. english4bw

english4bw

Starting the REDDI Owner's Club if anyone cares to join?

I will give myself #1 and record any future member numbers when requested.

[​IMG]

So... REDDI owners? Join up! :):D
  2. english4bw

english4bw

First question for everyone: What is the response to the REDDI that you are getting from sound professionals in venues you play in?

[​IMG]
  3. svtb15

svtb15

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist:Alleva-Coppolo| MESA |Genz-Benz R.I.P.|REDDI|Westone
    Im In.. I will post photos this week....
    I was going to do an A-Design Thread to get all the products in there. the 500 series and larger Ventura Preamp Something that i desire so much!
  4. svtb15

svtb15

Disclosures:
    I have gig with some Grammy winning engineers... I used some UA preamps and DIs way back ...The day i brought the REDDI to a session The one engineer told me to sell the rest of the stuff and only bring the REDDI. So i did. .That was about 6 years ago... I use it on LOVE gigs now if i know i have an engineer that will appreciate it...And they do.

5. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I'm in, and reaction from soundmen is insanely positive. Universal love.

EDIT: Forgot...

[​IMG]
  6. english4bw

english4bw

Awesome! here's the numbers so far:

REDDI Owner's Club

#1 - English4bw
    #2 - svtb15
    #3 - JimmyM
  7. english4bw

english4bw

That is exactly what our soundman told me. haha. I lined out of the DI on my amp one Sunday and he was actually angry! He said, "don't ever come here again without the red box!" and he was SERIOUS. Once they get a taste of the REDDI tone, they can't go back to regular DI sound. LOL ;)
  8. english4bw

english4bw

Wow. Awesome standup bass dude. And nice gear. That must be so sweet sounding with the REDDI in between it all. :smug:
  9. english4bw

english4bw

Yeah I thought about that, but then I figured the REDDI deserves its OWN thread. :cool:
  10. svtb15

svtb15

Disclosures:
    +1

11. Virgil

Virgil She's My Inspiration Supporting Member

I too have my REDDI story. Last year I was preparing for a video shoot. I got to the studio early, not knowing that the sound engineer was in the booth. I connected the REDDI and started running scales. The producer came out to ask me what kind of DI I was using, because the engineer was blown away by the tone he was getting in the booth. He came out to see it for himself, and said that was an Avalon faithful until he heard the REDDI. He walked away shaking his head. May I have a number please.
  12. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Thanks man. Yes, I've gone out front and listened many times during the course of my gigs, and it does sound VERY sweet every single time. Once in a while a soundman will dial in too much treble, but at least it's not all harsh sounding like most. I used to be a diehard cab mic'er, but I used to get flack occasionally about it, so I got a REDDI, and the flack has stopped. Upright's an Upton Hawkes with a Rev Solo II pickup, BTW. Awesome sounding plywood upright.
  13. english4bw

english4bw

Yeah I love those kind of reactions. :smug:

#1 - English4bw
    #2 - svtb15
    #3 - JimmyM
    #4 - Virgil
  14. JEDBass

JEDBass Supporting Member

Count me in. I'll get some pics up at some point. While I've been more in the small/medium bar/club circuit lately, I'm always, always told to bring the REDDI. My bandmates absolutely love it (especially my lead singer) and I've had more compliments on mytone from the crowd than I could ever remember. It's really a no brainer for me!
  15. KrisHayes

KrisHayes

Use these on sessions all the time. Ditch the cabs! Wish every bassist came in with one of these.
  16. nouroog

nouroog Supporting Member

Hey, why not, count me in too!

I shure love this box.
    Here's a pic from tube rolling

Attached Files:

17. english4bw

english4bw

REDDI Owner's Club

#1 - English4bw
    #2 - svtb15
    #3 - JimmyM
    #4 - Virgil
    #5 - JEDBass
    #6 - KrisHayes
    #7 - nouroog
  18. english4bw

english4bw

OMG what is going on here? this looks complicated. haha:eek:
  19. english4bw

english4bw

I haven't had to tote any cabs to gigs with full sound systems since I got the REDDI. It's so freeing. :)
  20. english4bw

english4bw

yeah same here. Not sure what I did before I had mine now... it's like another world isn't it?