1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

Reflex HH5 BFR Roasted Neck Black w\ Ebony board

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Tunaman, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Tunaman

Tunaman Supporting Member

Here we have the RARE Reflex HH5... and here is the ONLY BFR Roasted neck Reflex HH5! Its a beauty! As close to a stealth as you're going to get! 2 indents, one in the back & another small one in the gloss by the knobs, only visible at certain angles, same with basic surface scratches but otherwise perfect. Has those cool little gold flakes in the finish. The Ebony fretboard & roasted neck are expensive upgrades but really add top notch class.

These have a Mahogany tone block which is designed to add more low end & punch vs the regular clanky stingrays & sterlings & boy is that true. Ash body I believe with a maple top. Its more vintage, warmer than any EBMM I've owned (and thats a lot). Thats really evident in the upper registers where the tone is still full & punchy vs thin & grindy. The weight is 10 lbs 4 ounces with strap. I like to quote the highest reading I got just to be sure & fair. Mahogany tone blocks, Roasted Necks & Ebony boards are for tone man so yeah it adds a bit a weight but its worth it. The passive tone is P bass vs passive J bass

Here are the video clips that show what this bass does, get some popcorn it does a lot !!

Reflex HH5 EXTENSIVE REVIEW with Ed Friedland

Reflex HH5 Review by Keko, the man!

Comes with Dean Markely Helix Stainless Steels.
    Its the normal 34" scale, 17.5mm spacing that all EBMM 5ers have

$1795 SHIPPED.... limited edition roasted neck Reflex HH5s are $2500 new IF you could buy them. Even the "regular" editions push $2200 and are very rarely in stock as a 5HH.

TRADES: ONLY a Sterling HS5 maple neck. I could use a one trick pony super aggressive bass.

ONLY selling because I dont prefer black & the tone overlaps a bit with my Bongo, the Sterling 5HS wont. Until I get the Sterling that fits, I'll be enjoying this. Its too good to give away & I have no backup. If it sucked maybe Id firesale it for a huge loss.

BTW, this Reflex HH5 has all original parts no replacements.

EXTENSIVE CLOSE UP PICS HERE !!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Holdsg

Holdsg Life's too short to play a bass you don't like Supporting Member

free bump for an awesome bass, and great guy to deal with, buy in confidence.

3. boyet

boyet

Free bump for another dream bass.:rolleyes::rollno:

4. Daniel Piper

Daniel Piper Supporting Member

BRO!?!

To be fair, the PDNs are sweet.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. glennteozh

glennteozh

Holy crap dude! That bass is sick! Guys,look at its neck..its roasted! Roasted! I bet it plays like butter:p

7. tommyr01

tommyr01 Simma Down Nah ! Supporting Member

I just have to say that is one SWEET bass!!!!!!! I LOVE the reflex body and sound....if I had the scratch I would snag this !!!! that neck is INCREDIBLE and the yummy ebony BFR board is KILLER !!!! GLWTS.... :D

8. kaobass

kaobass

Drool..wish I had the funds:D

9. AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk

Good God, that must sound awesome!

10. RaginRog

RaginRog Last guy you want to see is Employee Relations guy Supporting Member

You have to come up with a better bump than that...maybe something like, "if Tom Brady wasn't already married to Gisele, he'd be married to this bass-bump"

11. maguire

maguire Supporting Member

I don't remember this scene from SNL or the movie - but alas...

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

12. RaginRog

RaginRog Last guy you want to see is Employee Relations guy Supporting Member

Now that is a bump...or two...
    You can't bump for at least 48 hours...that girl clearly counts as 2 bumps...:D

13. millsbass5

millsbass5

I was thinkin', "Surely to God you can conjure up just about any tone you have in your head on these." Four bands of EQ? I bet the electronics are amazing in these basses.

14. DJJazzV

DJJazzV Right boot.... Got it. Supporting Member

15. laneline

laneline Supporting Member

KEEP THE BASS KEEP THE BASS Your struggling to find a better bass at this price point because there isn't any.
    Play the crap out of it and if you still can't deal with the color have it refinished! KEEP THE BASS and if not good luck with
    the sale.

16. blastoff99

blastoff99

Free bump from another member of the Reflex Club!

17. rockiezz

rockiezz

I like it! Too bad the headstock doesn't match the body. What is the string spacing?

18. blastoff99

blastoff99

I only did that for you because you're coming back to the fold after you sell this one. If you were leaving leaving, I'd be obligated to never speak to you again. ;)

19. Bassandgolf

Bassandgolf Supporting Member

20. jtl1380

jtl1380

Man that is a gorgeous bass. Those roasted maple necks are so nice.

21. Tunaman

Tunaman Supporting Member

Added video clips of this bass... you have to hear it to understand

Tone for days people...