Reggae Rock tune with MusicMan Stingray 4HH (thoughts?)

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by JoshXR, Nov 8, 2012.

1. JoshXR

JoshXR

Hey all,

I just did a recording with the band the other week called "Summer Snow". I used a Stingray 4HH plugged into an Aguilar TLC compressor into the board. It's a more laid back rock tune with a Reggae/RHCP feel, IMO.

Hope you like it and let me know what you think of the bass tone!

Cheers,
    -Josh

http://soundcloud.com/highvoltagemt/summer-snow-demo
  2. Bassic Playing

Bassic Playing

Media:
    Sounds pretty awesome, very nice composition. Stringray tone fits better than I thought it would.

I feel the bass could be turned down, especially on the first section. Blasphemous as that sounds on TB

:bag:
  3. JoshXR

JoshXR

Thanks. I agree about the bass level, it's a tad high.

I do all the recording/mixing for my band, and we are currently recording our second album. Should be done in a few months. I will tweak the mixes of all the songs near the end of the process, Summer Snow included. :)
  4. goldenglory18

goldenglory18 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Your Mom.
    Sounds great.

Off topic....isn't technology amazing? That's what DEMO's sound like these days.....boy......I'm glad I wasn't playing music in the 60's......
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. LanOsb133

LanOsb133

I hated the sound in the beginning. Then I ended up drifting off into space. (maybe its because I should be sleeping right now) but I really love that sound you've got. I hated it at first, seemed to deep with just too much punch but not enough treble? Idk I didn't like it but now it sorta makes more sense. Color me impressed :)
  7. JoshXR

JoshXR

Thank you! I think that might be the first positive comment I've received that started with "I hated" :):bassist:

And yes, technology is great. It's only a demo cause I haven't tweaked the mix and our keyboardist hasn't recorded his parts yet.

Cheers Talkbass! :ninja: