Relation with Acoustic

Discussion in 'Ask Adam Nitti' started by Wolverine666, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Wolverine666

Wolverine666

a guitarist told me that if i cannot play acoustic guitar i cannot be a good bassist. is it true?

2. adamnitti

adamnitti

In a word, no. Being able to play acoustic guitar is not what makes a good bass player. I would agree that playing other instruments can help you with your musicianship and your bass playing by diversifying your musical skills and opening up your ears. However, it is not at all a requirement in order to become great on the bass. Great bass players do not become great simply because of their facility on other instruments. Becoming great on your instrument comes from years of practice, focused listening to other great players, and having the discipline to continue to push yourself to the next level. :bassist:

3. Wolverine666

Wolverine666

4. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

No and what he meant to say if you can't play bass chances are you'll be a great guitarist.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Stick_Player

Stick_Player

Bunk!

However, if you can play Acoustic Bass (a.k.a. Double Bass - especially with a bow), you will most likely be a better bassist.