1. Register your FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

Reliable 1ft long patch cables under $15

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by XtheDeadPawn, Nov 26, 2013.

1. XtheDeadPawn

XtheDeadPawn

May 24, 2008
    Texas
    I am thinking of hooking my BP200 multi effects unit up to my PD7 overdrive pedal.

Bass --> OD pedal --->Multi effects ---> Amp

I think this will remedy my problems with the BP200's overdrive which I dislike.

Any good patch cables udner $15 that won't crap out on me in a couple months and won't hiss like crazy.

2. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    I make my own.
    I'll buy a small roll of Belden or other quality cable, and buy a bag of switchcraft jacks, make em to whatever length/direction I need.

My guitarist, buys the crap ones off the local CG countertop bin. He breakes them constantly or shorts them out by twisting them in directions they werent made for.

3. Sponsored by:

4. jimmybc91

jimmybc91

Oct 8, 2013
    Los Angeles
    George L's do me very well, just make sure you tighten them!
    But for one patch cable? I would just go ahead and buy some premade one from Fender or something, buy a couple. It's tougher when you have multiple cables and you do not know which is messed up. But in your case it's only one, just swap when necessary! My $.02

5. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps
    I use those cables with the molded plastic ends that you can buy on Ebay for like $8 for a bag of 6. They work just fine, and in the event you have one that breaks, you don't feel bad when you throw it out.

6. I make them like Caca.

7. yaksonator

yaksonator Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2011
    Branson, MO
  8. neuman

neuman Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2009
    Denver, CO 'burbs
    I use LiveWire ones from Guitar Center; they are like $8 each.