1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Reliable 1ft long patch cables under $15

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by XtheDeadPawn, Nov 26, 2013.

1. XtheDeadPawn

XtheDeadPawn

I am thinking of hooking my BP200 multi effects unit up to my PD7 overdrive pedal.

Bass --> OD pedal --->Multi effects ---> Amp

I think this will remedy my problems with the BP200's overdrive which I dislike.

Any good patch cables udner $15 that won't crap out on me in a couple months and won't hiss like crazy.
  2. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Sponsored by Jagermeister Supporting Member

I make my own.
    I'll buy a small roll of Belden or other quality cable, and buy a bag of switchcraft jacks, make em to whatever length/direction I need.

My guitarist, buys the crap ones off the local CG countertop bin. He breakes them constantly or shorts them out by twisting them in directions they werent made for.
  3. jimmybc91

jimmybc91

George L's do me very well, just make sure you tighten them!
    But for one patch cable? I would just go ahead and buy some premade one from Fender or something, buy a couple. It's tougher when you have multiple cables and you do not know which is messed up. But in your case it's only one, just swap when necessary! My $.02
  4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I use those cables with the molded plastic ends that you can buy on Ebay for like $8 for a bag of 6. They work just fine, and in the event you have one that breaks, you don't feel bad when you throw it out.
  5. Major Softie

Major Softie

I make them like Caca.
  6. yaksonator

yaksonator Supporting Member

7. neuman

neuman Supporting Member

I use LiveWire ones from Guitar Center; they are like $8 each.