Relist: Lakland 55-02 - MIK, Bartolini

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Tom F, Jan 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom F

Tom F Supporting Member

1/26/13 - Price Drop

Had this originally listed for trade, then added a sale price and other information later on. Figured I'd take a shot at making a single post with all the details in one spot for clarity's sake.

Looking to sell or trade my Korean made 2004 Lakland 55-02 with original Bartolini pickups and preamp. This is the standard model (i.e. no fancy top) with what appears to be an ash body and rosewood fretboard. Comes in a slightly worn Roadrunner hardshell case, and has Ernie Ball strakloks installed. Bass weighs in at 9 pounds, 1 ounce on my postal scale.

Plays and sounds great, excellent shape with some light player wear, but nothing I could get pictures of. The only flaw is that the tab used to open the battery compartment is broken. This is only an issue when you go to switch the battery, and the compartment opens using a small screwdriver.

Open to trades or sale. Sale price is $825 plus shipping FIRM to a confirmed paypal address in the continental US. To estimate shipping by your carrier of choice use box dimensions 5x17x6, with a weight of 25 pounds, although the actual should be a little less. For reference looks like shipping Boston is around $25 via FedEx, Nashville would be about $30-35, etc. International shipping is fine if buyer pays costs. Trades are still open to just about anything - basses, cabs, amps.

Here's a soundclip showing some of the 55-02's various sounds. Everything used flat EQ on the 55-02, and a relatively flat EQ on the TH500 which I used as a DI. Pickup settings are (in order):
    1. both pickups on with bridge favored slightly, and switch set to 70's position
    2. both pickups on with bridge favored slightly, and switch set to 60's position
    3. neck pickup full on, and
    4. bridge pickup full on with switch set to hum bucker (a la Stingray)

Pic gallery at this link.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2014
  2. Tom F

Tom F Supporting Member

BTTT - still open to trades or a sale, although a sale would help me buy a dream bass.

*cue inspirational music while choking back tears*

Doesn't everybody deserve a shot at their dream bass? :bawl:

*inspirational music fades out and picture fades to black*

OK, not an oscar worth performance, but you get the idea. :cool:
  3. msperanza28

msperanza28 Supporting Member

4. BboogieXVII

BboogieXVII

Hola! This for now is my dream bass. Well if not this one then something very similar.

Is this a 34" scale?
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Tom F

Tom F Supporting Member

I know the feeling! I's actually a 35" scale, with 19mm string spacing.
  7. Tom F

Tom F Supporting Member

Price drop bump - $825 plus actual shipping. Box dimensions and weight estimate in the OP for shipping calculations.
  8. xACEBASSx

xACEBASSx

This is the bass I want!! Looking to trade and/or sell my 2010 Fender American Special Jazz Bass, Olympic White. Thoughts??
  9. Tom F

Tom F Supporting Member

The American Specials are super nice basses but not what I'm looking for right now. Thanks though!
  10. Tom F

Tom F Supporting Member

On hold pending payment.

Edit: And sold. Will lock the thread when I get home a little later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.