Remote Bass Recording

Discussion in 'Wanted: Bass Players' started by pianogineer, May 30, 2012.

1. pianogineer

pianogineer

Our band just lost our bass player, so now and for the foreseeable future we need someone to lay down some bass parts for our tracks that will be recording. Some originals, some covers. We'll be making YouTube videos for all of them. Here's some video's we've done so far:

http://www.youtube.com/user/brandonummelband/videos

I've attached the rehearsal scratch track of the original tune we're doing next (no bass). It's very scratch -- none of what's there will remain in the final recording. But tempo is right and there's at least some drums in there so should be plenty to get a good bass line down.

As for pay -- I will say that I'm pursuing other avenues to get a bass track laid down (friends, favors owed, etc.), but I figured someone on here may have a good setup and could lay this down in just a few minutes on their own, it'd save me the hassle. If I end up liking and wanting to use your part, we can certainly work out a fair payment. I'm fine to comp and edit everything myself, so if you wanted to just lay down 3 or so takes of it and shoot it to me that would be more than acceptable.

Since I am going some other routes, I can't offer any money up front. As such I realize response on here may be limited. Please don't consider doing this unless 1) you like the music and 2) you are looking for fun and good sounding projects to collaborate on. As I said we'll have plenty more of this type of work in the future, so could be a fun relationship for the right person. We're a well-established band who has a lot of talent and motivation. A collaboration with us won't make you rich, so please keep that in mind, but it could be a fun and rewarding experience!

Thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

2. GhettoBrassGuy

GhettoBrassGuy Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull, Lakland, Aguilar, Mono Cases, JH Audio
    Sent you a private message
  3. mfbolton

mfbolton Bassist for The Dam Dams Supporting Member

Pretty cool track. You don't happen to have a chord chart you could share? It would just save me some time in the creation process. Thanks.
  4. pianogineer

pianogineer

Verse/Intro/Outro: Em G Am C D
    Chorus: Em C Bm

Feel free to PM me if you'd like to talk via email.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. MuthaFunk

MuthaFunk

7. Mobiless

Mobiless

you still need this? i would like to try something too
  8. mihaimovileanu

mihaimovileanu

still need a bass track?
  9. richrod

richrod

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar, Gruv Gear, Analysis Plus Cables, La Bella Strings
  10. MuthaFunk

MuthaFunk

Thanks! I guess this thread is dead. The OP seems to have abandon it. I never heard anything.
  11. GhettoBrassGuy

GhettoBrassGuy Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull, Lakland, Aguilar, Mono Cases, JH Audio
  12. MuthaFunk

MuthaFunk

13. bradjonesbass

bradjonesbass

Nice playing!