1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

removable neck question

Discussion in 'Setup & Repair [DB]' started by shwashwa, Nov 7, 2013.

1. shwashwa

shwashwa

im going to cross post this here because i posted it in the basses section and got many views and no responses, so im thinking that might not be the correct location for the question. Mods feel free to delete the origional post in the basses section.

i was just wondering what the pro's and con's would be of getting a removable neck bass solely for the purpose of string height adjustment at the neck heel versus the bridge. is this a better or inferior method? on a side note, a friend of mine says that his bass improved in tone (sounded warmer, deeper.) after the conversion